Consider this the rant that Nigerian graphics designers have been sitting on.
1. Asking you to write copy for the design.
Graphics designer not copywriter please. And photoshop not grammerly please.
2. “Can I get this by tomorrow morning?”
You wont even get it by next week dear, let’s be realistic please.
3. Giving silly feedback.
What am I supposed to do with this? Go find another designer to stress please.
4. Sending samples of work from other brands that are not even in the same industry as them and expecting you to replicate it.
I feel like giving you a refund just so you can make it to the closest business class.
5. Clients sending blurry images.
What am i to do with this? You want people to be squinting at your posters?
6. “I will do the creative thinking and you’ll do the design”
You should really consider logical thinking before talking.
7. “Make it pop”
Did they tell you in a business class that a shiny logo is directly proportionate to brand visibility?
8. “Make it bigger”.
Someone should please tell this people that the bigger the better is not a design rule.
9. “It’s just that I am busy if not I would have done it myself”.
If only designers got a dollar for every time they heard this scam line.
10. Make it look like XYZ’s logo.
Is XYZ you? Are you XYZ? Is you and XYZ the same? Plus the word for the “strategy” is plagiarism and it is a crime.
11. Insisting on colors that don’t work.
This is not a cockroach brown and Lagos red situation please. Choose colors that make sense.
12. Insisting on getting the source file even after you tell them it’s an Adobe file.
20 minutes later and they sending you texts talmabout they can’t open the file with Microsoft Office. Wow, what a plot twist.
13. “Your prices are funny”.
But you want a design that is profound and that will make your brand stand out.
That’s 13 different ways you have probably gotten on a Nigerian graphics designers’ nerve.
What’s up, Zikoko Fam? It would mean the world to us if you spared a few minutes to fill this Reader Survey. It’s so we can bring you the content you really want!