Permit me to revisit (some of) your childhood trauma.
1) Packing hair at the barbershop after every haircut.
Because people were “stealing” destiny and glory from hair. I can’t stop wondering how they would single out one person’s hair from the pile.
2) Refusing to wear helmets because they could “steal” your destiny/glory through it.
Spiritual safety over physical safety, innit?
3) Not picking calls from strange numbers.
The explanation was that they were also collecting souls through the phone. And people were allegedly vomiting blood. Soulja boy is shaking at all that wasted potential.
4) Not listening to certain songs because they were using them to recruit people into the Illuminati.
Let’s be honest, music nowadays doesn’t slap again like the Illuminati era. Maybe the secret ingredient of a good gbedu is someone’s soul.
5) Avoiding direct contact with lizard eggs because they could cause “epilepsy.”
Who sold us this lie?
6) Refusing food from strangers to avoid becoming a witch/wizard.
I still regret not eating Juniors birthday biscuit when I was in Primary 5.