Being a corps member has to be one of the most stressful phases in the life of a Nigerian youth. And you know what makes it all the more stressful? The money aspect. It is never enough.
1. The struggle of waiting for allowance every month.
Especially when it’s already 20-something on the calendar and there’s nothing in your account again.
2. Your face when everyone thinks 33k is enough money.
If you don’t geddifok.
3. When you’re in debt and allowance doesn’t come at the end of the month.
4. You, when 33k enters.
5. You, a few weeks after 33k ends.
It’s like the N19,800 lasts longer than the 33k sef.
6. You planning to save everything.
I’ll have to save this whole thing.
7. Your reaction whenever someone offers you spending opportunity.
I jump and pass abeg.
One year ago, we left Nigeria for an 80-day adventure across West Africa. Something is coming. Unshared stories. New perspectives. Limited series. 10 episodes.