You’ve just gotten your first job, and you are very happy to join the league of salary earners. If anything, it confirms that things are beginning to look up for you. But things are not always what they seem, and it doesn’t take long before you realise that earning a salary is not as glamorous you thought you would be.
And this is what your life looks like:
1. When your salary will enter in 5 days but the wait feels like 10 years
How did I even survive unemployment?
2. When you realise that the salary is only enough to sort your transport and food bills
What’s happening here? Why has this thing entered minus already?
3. When you receive a text message on payday and it’s not the credit alert you want to see
It’s the hope that kills you.
4. When you realise that the message is even from someone you owe money
Just kill me and get it over with.
5. When your salary finally enters and you forget everything about your budget
I worked for this. Let me enjoy myself
6. When you find out that what is left of your salary is not enough to sort your bills
Look how I played myself
7. When you go through your contacts to see who you can hit up to borrow you money
This will be the last time, I promise.
8. You, wondering if you’ve been at the job long enough to ask for a raise
I’ve been here for only three months, but still…